On behalf of your Red White and Tahoe Blue Board “Festival Team” and our Community, I’d like to extend a heartfelt thank you. Due to your generosity, our 6th Anniversary of FUNOLOGY was an extraordinary success! Please let me share with you a few details and highlights from our 2012 Red, White and Tahoe Blue Festival:
• Purchased four barges our newest community asset
• Added six new events in a 5-day Celebration of Americas Independence
• Secured over 400 individual donors and sponsors who collectively raised over $96,000
• Reduced operating expenses for the past five years from over $200k in 2007; $190k in 2008; $90k in 2009; $89k in 2010; to less than $85k in 2011/2012
• Coordinated 450+ spirited volunteers who donated their time and energy
• Expanded non-profit participation from three organizations to over 45 who earned revenue in supporting, staffing, and operating these events (Duck Race, Wine & Cheese, Beer & Brats, Concerts, Community Fair, Carnival, Barbecue, Firecracker Race, Breakfasts, etc. resulting in over $30,000 in net proceeds.
• Enhanced our parade line-up with 40 entries who entertained approximately 5,000 people
• Collaborated with over 40 local non-profits who shared their educational insight and provided entertainment for all at the Community Fair on the Village Green
• Hosted a tribute to our Veterans with over 5000 people in attendance who honored our Veterans’ service to our country; extended the unforgettable US National Guard Demonstration to two days
• Celebrated the 4th of July in true fashion with a 35-minute Fireworks display that was arguably one of the most spectacular in the country. Wait to you see what FUNOLOGY we have in store for you in 2013!
It Takes a Community,
Red, White, and Tahoe Blue Inc.